THE INDIVIDUAL PERMIT EXPERTS
Civil, Structural, Land Surveyors & Design
Licensed In: Pennsylvania & New Jersey
WE PROVIDE COMPLETE CONSTRUCTION SERVICES. WE ARE EXPERTS IN THE ACT 167 AND PADEP BMP! FROM DEEP HOLE TESTING AND INFILTRATION, STORMWATER MANAGMENT, EROSION CONTROL, TO HARDSCAPING DESIGNS, RETAINING SYSTEMS, STRUCTURAL ASSESMENTS AND INSPECTION.
WE ARE THE ENGINEERING REPRESENTATIVES FOR POROUS PAVING SYSTEMS. THESE PAVERS MEET THE SIMPLIFIED APPROACH CRITERIOR!
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plans - The plans are developed to reduce the amount of disturbance and erosion around a construction activity. ALL construction activities require what is commonly called E&S Plans.
- Exempted Activities - This varies from township to township, county to county. Predominately it is related to the proposed impervious cover. It usually is in thresholds, for example, 500 sf and below, under 1,000 etc. This threshold will determine if you can use the "Simplified Method (Volume)" or "Complete Control (Rate and Volume)". The cost difference and review process can be greatly impacted.
- Impervious Cover - This is the most important factor in any construction process. Impervious cover is first determined to see if the project meets current zoning. If you are under the permitted cover then the proposed improvements are added in. If at this point the cover is less than permitted, then the project may continue. Now care and experience is key. A miscalculation can double the cost of the project. The strange thing about impervious cover determination is that it changes from township to township. One particular confusion is pool water surface. We have had pool permit applications where adjacent neighbors, in different townships, could not build a pool because the water surface is included in one township and not the other. This change in classification can happen any time! Also, make sure your builder is aware.
- Infiltration Testing - In many cases, the township may require this test. It is used to determine if the ground is suitable to absorb the water over a period of time. If it does not infiltrate, construction may be denied.
- Limiting Zone - The bottom of the pit has to be at least two feet above groundwater or bedrock. Otherwise, you cannot construct a pit to infiltrate runoff.
In addition to our design services, we also offer construction inspection and certifications. We service townships, builders, and prospective home buyers.
We have prepared more individual erosion and stormwater permits than ANY firm in Chester County!
We do it all:
- Soil Infiltration Testing
- Erosion Control Plans
- Grading Plans
- Stormwater Management
- Structural Certification and inspections
- Architectural Designs
- PERMIT PROCESSING we will even take care of your application
MESKO Engineering Associates, Inc.
We provide COMPLETE Service for individual permits for Swimming Pool Construction, Hardscaping, Retaining Walls and Raised Decks for the Small Builder